The Nízkotatranská stíhačka course goes through the whole main Low Tatras ridge. Starting point is village Telgárt, destination point is Donovaly mountain resort. The NTS course follows the blue marked cyclo-trail from Telgárt to Šumiac, the next passage is the forest road from Šumiac to Kráľova hoľa – not the blue-marked tourist trail – and further the red-marked trail to Donovaly (with branching-off to Ďurková chalet following the green-marked trail).
Nízkotatranská stíhačka 2018 course parameters:
- Total distance: 105 km
- Total altitude gain: 5740 m
- Total altitude loss: 5650 m
Checkpoints for NTS 2017 course:
- KS1: Šumiac, square – 5. km / 185 m / no time limit
- KS2: Kráľova hoľa, summit – 17. km / 1255 m / limit 8:15am
- KS3: Priehyba saddle – 33. km / 1 805 m / limit 12:15pm
- KS4: Saddle za Lenivou – 51. km / 2 835 m / no time limit
- KS5: Čertovica saddle – 53. km / 2 849 m / limit 5:15pm
- KS6: Chata M.R.Štefánika (challet) – 61. km / 3 576 m / limit 7:45pm
- KS7: Kamenná chata pod Chopkom (challet) – 66. km / 4 021 m / limit 9:45pm
- KS8: Útulňa pod Chabencom (Ďurková challet) – 77. km / 4 441 m / limit 1:30am
- KS9: Hiadeľské saddle, shelter – 95. km / 5 178 m / limit 5:30am
- Finish: Donovaly, DAMi´sport – 105. km / 5 562 m / limit 8:30am
Type of terrain: Foothpaths (90%), tracks/drivable tracks (4%) and roads (6% – the longest 2 km passage in Donovaly before finish).
Warning: The course saved on mapy.hiking.sk is for your overview, the total distance and the distance of the checkpoints was measured and certified by ITRA (International Trailrunning Association).