The NTS race course goes through the whole main Low Tatras ridge. Starting point is village Telgárt, destination point is Donovaly mountain resort. The NTS course follows the blue marked cyclo-trail from Telgárt to Šumiac, the next passage is the blue-marked bike trail from Šumiac to Kráľova hoľa and further the red-marked hiking trail to Donovaly (with branching-off to Ďurková chalet following the green-marked hiking trail).
Nízkotatranská stíhačka 2019 course parameters:
- Total distance: 103 km
- Total altitude gain: 5740 m
- Total altitude loss: 5650 m
Checkpoints for NTS 2019 course:
- KS1: Šumiac, square – 6th km / 190 m / no time limit
- KS2: Kráľova hoľa, summit – 12th km / 1251 m / limit 8:15 am
- KS3: Priehyba saddle – 28th km / 1 772 m / limit 11:15 am
- KS4: Saddle za Lenivou – 47th km / 2 820 m / no time limit
- KS5: Čertovica saddle – 49th km / 2 820 m / limit 4:15 pm
- KS6: Chata M.R.Štefánika (challet) – 58th km / 3 562 m / limit 6:45 pm
- KS7: Kamenná chata pod Chopkom (challet) – 64th km / 4 021 m / limit 9:45 pm
- KS8: Útulňa pod Chabencom (Ďurková challet) – 75th km / 4 523 m / limit 0.30 am
- KS9: Hiadeľské saddle, shelter – 94th km / 5 5326 m / limit 4.30 am
- Cieľ: Donovaly, DAMi´sport – 103,2 km / 5 740 m / limit 7.30 am
Type of terrain: Foothpaths (90%), tracks/drivable tracks (4%) and roads (6% – the longest 2 km passage in Donovaly before finish).
Warning: The course saved on mapy.hiking.sk is for your overview, the total distance and the distance of the checkpoints was measured using more precise methods.